Sunday, September 03, 2006

A true engagement! Proposal on film.




Ok...before I head off to Jamaica with the family for some much needed R&R, I had to post a few of these photos! Ashish and Leya: great friends with our planner extraordinaire, connected at the beach for a rendezvous before heading off to dinner.

As in the past, Leya thought that as I was in town, we'd get together for a quick photoshoot. They arrived at the beach and as usual, I always begin by asking my couples to have a quick stroll along the water's edge...to loosen things up a bit! shooting a bit here....shooting a bit there..... Ashish spontaneously presents Leya with a very SILK....bouquet of flowers......which she promptly snatches and plays along using it as a prop, she knows me by now I think....props are always fun!

Completely out of the blue, Ashish drops to his knee and pops the question! RIGHT THERE! ....oh my how exciting! She says yes.....AND it's all on film! Now that's an engagement photo shoot. My first ever! Usually I get to shoot my couples after the actual proposal.....how many photographers get to photograph the proposal in action! It was so romantic. My eyes teared a bit but had to stay focused on the moment and creating the shots.... It's one of my favorite things about weddings, acts of spontaneous romance, laughter, tears..... it reminds us to live our lives and seek the passions that we love! It's like the first dance at a wedding, after 9 years of shooting weddings, I still get goose bumps when I hear Frank or Etta James during the first dance. So here are a few images of this passionate couple....Congratulations Ashish and Leya - Until next time....and of course the wedding!!








No comments: