Friday, September 05, 2008

Art. Art. Art

Also in July, I disappeared for 3 weeks.....yes and it was incredible. I took some time for myself, my creativity and most of all art! The location: Penland School located in the mountains of North Carolina. Where the most renowned artists spend a few weeks of their summer and fall teaching and creating works of art. Here are a few photos from my adventure! I spent my days learning to create collographic prints with international artist and our very own UF Professor Robert Mueller.

Here are a few photos from my adventure:


This is a shot from my drive in the mornings.


Clay artists at work:


Robert Mueller giving a demo in the printmaking studio.






















Iron working .... girls playing in fire! gotta love it!










Dining with some of the worlds greatest glass blowers is priceless!









Our studio - printmaking.





This is the view from my parent's chalet in the mountains....just a short drive from Penland.






Art in front of the dining room!
















MY work - from the figure series!






Critique with Bob.






Thanks Patrick and Bob! The experience was unbelievable!

2 comments:

Jack said...

Hi Nina!!
I see you still have the gift and passion for art. I knew you woud be successful!
I justed wanted to say hi :)

Jack in Boynton

nina sutherland said...

Wow....Jack from Boynton. Serious blast from the past! have you graced us with your beauty on some Vogue fashion pages yet? maybe on the catwalk! shoot me an email. I'd love to hear what you've been up to for the past ...... oh....13 years!!!